Program Director and Clinical Assistant Professor
Organization: The Lubin School of Business at Pace University
Program Director and Clinical Assistant Professor
Feb 26, 2020
The Lubin School of Business at Pace University invites applications for a non-tenure-track Program Director and Clinical Assistant Professor to help lead the Masters of Science in Arts and Entertainment Management offered by Lubin School of Business through the Department of Management and Management Science. This new graduate program will prepare students for leadership roles in both for-profit and not-for-profit cultural organizations, and follows the successful undergraduate concentration in Arts and Entertainment Management launched by the Lubin School at Pace University in 2012. Rank is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Successful candidates for this position will reflect the School’s commitment to excellence in teaching, and service.
The Program Director and Clinical Faculty role includes the following responsibilities:
- Provide strategic direction for the program in alignment with the Management Department’s mission and goals
- Formulate and implement a strategy that will enhance the program’s value and reputation of the program and the management department and school
- Work closely with faculty to create new projects and courses to meet the needs of the program
- Organize, plan, and set priorities for allocation of resources within the Program
- Manage an on-going process of program review and evaluation, including assessing student and program outcomes
- Build strong mutually beneficial relationships personally with local Arts/Entertainment partners and the business community, as well as between the business community and faculty and students to foster the goals and mission of the department and Lubin Schol of Business
- Develop and teach two-three courses (per semester) related to Arts and Entertainment Management
- Coordinate and supervise students
- Initiate, develop, and manage a graduate student club in Arts and Entertainment Management
- Interact with other Lubin School units, students, faculty, and staff to provide delivery of high-quality curricular and co-curricular experiences for Lubin students
- Manage and coordinate staff (where applicable)
- Direct the marketing and communications of program activities. Promote positive public relations for the program
- Be available to provide advice to the department chair or undergraduate/graduate program chairs or program directors regarding curriculum, teaching assignments, and any other matters related to their area of instruction
- Scholarly research is not expected however, however, clinical faculty may conduct research and work with other faculty members on research projects.
- Other duties as assigned by the department chair
- Industry experience, contacts and relationships to help drive the awareness of the program and to provide learning opportunities for our students is strongly preferred.
- A master’s or graduate degree is required. Graduate degree in business administration or management-related field, including Ph.D. or ABD, is preferred
- Applicant must be available to teach courses on all Pace campuses depending on departmental needs.
- Applicant must be available to attend department or student-related events on our NYC campus 4 days a week
- Applicant must be available to have in-person meetings with students on our NYC campus 4 days a week
- Must have significant (2-3 years) student teaching experience. Experience leading a new center or program or initiative is strongly valued
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills and strong relationship-building and organizational skills are essential.
For full consideration, please submit your CV, teaching evaluations, transcripts and contact information of three references via email only to Ms. Barbara Powell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: March 31, 2020
About Pace University and Lubin School of Business
Pace University is a comprehensive metropolitan research university with its main campus located in New York City. The University enrolls over 12,000 students. For more information about Pace University, please go to http://www.pace.edu/about-us/
For more information about Lubin School of Business, please go to
Pace University has a proud history of preparing its diverse student body for a lifetime of professional success as a result of its unique program that combines rigorous academics and real-world experiences. Pace is ranked the #1 private, four-year college in the nation for upward economic mobility by Harvard University’s Opportunity Insights, evidence of the transformative education the University provides.
From its beginnings as an accounting school in 1906, Pace has grown to three campuses, enrolling 13,000 students in bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs in more than 150 majors and programs, across a range of disciplines: arts, sciences, business, health care, technology, law, education, and more. The university also has one of the most competitive performing arts programs in the country. Pace has a signature, newly renovated campus in New York City, located in the heart of vibrant Lower Manhattan, next to Wall Street and City Hall, and two campuses in Westchester County, New York: a 200-acre picturesque Pleasantville Campus and a Law School in White Plains.
Pace University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
Minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and people of all gender identities are encouraged to apply.