2020 AAAE Board Election Results
Announcing the 2020 AAAE Board Election Results!
We are pleased to announce the re-election of two current Board members, and four new Board members, including AAAE's FIRST-EVER Graduate Student Board member!
The elections closed at midnight on April 20, 2020. AAAE members across ALL membership categories had 30 days to cast their votes. Members voted for six seats total out of a pool of eight Candidates.
A huge THANK YOU to all eight Candidates for engaging in the nominations process. This was a very competitive and close race.
New and returning Board members will be officially installed at the online AAAE Board meeting on May 28, 2020. Please join us in welcoming and congratulating our new and returning Board members!
Newly Elected Board Members
|Aaron P. Dworkin (Institutional Member)|
|Dr. Daniel T. Green (Institutional Member)|
|Dr. Maria Rosario Jackson (Institutional Member)|
|Dr. Sharbreon Plummer (Graduate Student member)|
Re-Elected Board Members
|Larry Epstein Re-elected into a 2nd term|
|T. Anne Frost Elected into her own term|
Criteria for Office: AAAE recognizes that the strength and effectiveness of the Board is reflected in the balance, experience, and diversity of the individual Directors and their commitment to devote the necessary time and attention to oversee the affairs of the organization. The slate of candidates should show balance in terms of gender, racial/ethnic minorities, geographical diversity and size of program. The Board Development Committee shall assess the Board’s current composition and identify missing qualities and characteristics. Criteria for office is listed below:
- Diversity of age; geography; ethnic/racial/gender identity;
- Program and/or organization type and size;
- Professional and/or academic experience;
- Management or other leadership experience outside of AAAE;
- Peer feedback (per Letters of Reference submitted, and any submitted Comment Letters if applicable);
- Demonstrated engagement with AAAE via committee participation, conference attendance and/or participation, or other forms of engagement;
- A clearly articulated vision of a potential contribution that is both innovative and aligned with AAAE's mission;
- Personal and professional conduct is consistent with the mission and purpose of AAAE (as indicated in application materials and any submitted Comment Letters if applicable);
- Criminal background check is clean. Felony convictions will be considered on a case-by-case basis - and any involving violence, lewd acts, and theft, will result in a disqualification.
- Incomplete application materials and/or failure to submit materials by the stated deadline;
- A felony conviction involving violence, lewd acts, and theft;
- Failure to pay AAAE member dues and remain in good standing with the organization;
- Other conduct raising concerns about (i) a nominee’s ability to act in a manner consistent with AAAE’s mission and purpose or (ii) a nominee’s presence on the Board of Directors adversely reflecting upon AAAE.
AAAE Board Development Committee Members
- Bonnie Carpenter, Non Board BDC member (email@example.com)
- Karen Chandler (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Fleurette Fernando (email@example.com)
- Dr. Yuha Jung, AAAE DEI Liaison (Ex-Officio) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kevin Maifeld (Ex-Officio) (email@example.com)
- Ximena Varela (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sherry Wagner-Henry (Chair) (email@example.com)
AAAE Statement of Confidentiality
By its nature, the nominating process requires a high degree of confidentiality, especially with regard to the nominee deliberations and vote totals. All teleconferences, discussions and deliberations involving nominees, candidates, vote totals, and other sensitive items related to the nomination process, must remain confidential.